How Do I Do This?

January 15, 2018

     After spending an hour and a half, I have successfully created a new gmail account for myself, accepted a blog invitation from CROWN Adventures in Limon, Costa Rica and am now writing my very first blog post ever.  Since it took over an hour to accomplish this, this post's title describes my challenge quite accurately.  Part of the difficulty can be attributed to the pages that came up on my screen in Spanish only.  Begging the screen for "English language!! Please English language," did not help.  It is a good thing that I and my husband, Mark Roth, have been practicing Spanish with the Duo Lingo app for the last three months, which made it possible for me to wade through the pages and arrive here.
     So what is CROWN Adventures?  Other posts on this blog explain that in detail, and I will address it more in later posts.  I've used up my online time for one night and plan to approach this "fresh" (as some of our Costa Rican friends call many activities, when their limited English runs out of better words) tomorrow.  Bridging the language divide here in Spanish speaking Costa Rica is quite an experience, and it will add humor and laughs to this blog (if we are honest in sharing our blunders with you).
     Here are some of the comments going on in our dining room while I am trying to figure this all out are...
     "Why isn't anything happening on this blog?"
     "We won't get anyone to come to this blog, since nothing is happening on it."
     "Why don't you write about us going to go get our 'new' truck, since our old faithful 1992 Blazer died a tragic death."
     "Send an invitation to all your Facebook friends to check on this blog."
     So, as you can see, we have plenty of ideas for this blog, and you will hear more from me on a different day.  Thanks for putting up with me on my first blog entry.  I suspect I will become an expert in no time.
Yellow and black toucan with multi hued beak
Toucan in Costa Rica
     Checking out, and calling it a night, while it drips and continues to rain outside.
Linda Roth
alaskasgirl

   

Comments

  1. Linda! Looking forward to reading about your Crown Adventures and I suspect you will be a pro in no time!! Blessings from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts