Orphan Hearts Profoundly Improve

The sun is coming out for at least two hurting hearts
Our first official meeting since the robbery and denial meeting on February 9th took place on Thursday. The meeting went extremely well. We will start the first pilot project classes on Tuesday, May 8th at the orphanage. YEAH. At the end of the meeting, I told the director of education the details of the February 9th meeting. She had been there but the meeting was conducted entirely in English. I told her that when we were being denied, I told the lead administrator (who spoke English) that we would be praying for the five kids that were hurting the most. That administrator never translated this for the local adminstrators. From February 15th to March 15th we had a focused prayer initiative with tons of people from all over the world praying for the 5 kids at the orphanage that were hurting the most. My question to the local administrator, after sharing this news, was whether they had noticed any changes in any of their most hurting children. After a short reflection, she said that there were two children that had experience PROFOUND CHANGES in the past couple months. We may not know which five kids God worked with, but to me, this is confirmation that your prayers were answered. Thanks for joining us in prayer. Some of these kids are really hurting.

We heard at the public school that a fourth grade boy, from the orphanage, was completely out of control and bullying his classmates. The complaint at the public school was that the orphanage is too easy on the kids. So it should be no surprise that some of the kids we teach will be a challenge. My orphanage classes are opt-in classes in which kids can take them if they want. So I was told that when I teach, if a kid didn't feel like attending my class, or got angry for any reason, they could walk out. In the end, I was glad that I was given additional help for setting up classroom boundaries at the orphanage for the classes I'll start teaching soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts